Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tame the Mane - Aveda Shampure


Healthy hair earns us a lot of beauty points, but it for some of us it can be an ongoing battle.  I was born with fine, fragile hair that doesn't stand up well to too much heat, styling or chemical treatments.  When I'm not working, I try to let my hair rest and use only gentle, nourishing products.

Lately I'm a big fan of Aveda's Shampure shampoo and conditioner.  They have a heavenly, spicy floral fragrance, and instead of using Sodium Laureth Sulfate (a suspected carcinogen) as a foaming agent in the shampoo, they use plant extracts that work up into a luxurious and smooth foam that gently cleanses hair of all types.  It is so gentle that they suggest it for children, and can be used daily.  The Shampure conditioner is light-weight but nourishing, and it leaves my hair soft, tangle-free and clean for styling.  

1 comment:

  1. For sure Aveda has become my favorite brand for my hair products. I liked your article.

    ReplyDelete