Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Paragliding in the Swiss Alps



This week I am posting something a bit different.  I went Paragliding in Gstaad, Switzerland!  I'm a bit afraid of heights, so that made this adventure even more thrilling for me.  We took the ski lift to the top of the mountain, rising from 1000m to 2000m, and arrived at the very top of the mountain above Rougemont.  The hills were covered with blue Gentians and the view of the valley was breathtaking.  




At the top my instructor, Fabrice Bielmann, set up the equipment, and the unrolled parasail was enormous.  He had me put on what seemed like a backpack that I discovered became a very comfortable chair during flight.  He then clipped me in.  We stood on a grassy slope overlooking the mountain tops, and after counting to three we ran several frightening steps and were lifted effortlessly up into the air.  We circled and soared with the falcons, catching the thermal currents for half an hour before slowly drifting towards the valley floor.  









No comments:

Post a Comment